This elegant and solidly built double storey seven bedroom villa was Architect designed and built as a large home in 1994 by owners who were Master Builders. It is built to a standard of workmanship not seen today. The face brickwork in particular is of the highest quality and the hardwood to some windows and doors was imported from Europe. The house is located in the quiet side of town and 100m from virgin coastal/dune forest. The total area under roof is 542,5m2. The property is sold with the ground floor fully furnished complete with décor, soft furnishings, curtains and blinds, towels and linen to each room (2 sets), cutlery, crockery and appliances.
GROUND FLOOR TO THE HOUSE 326.8 m2.
The house has two separate 3 bedroom wings either side of an open plan kitchen/dining/living area. All bedrooms are large and can take a double queen-size bed or 2 single beds or 2 bunks. These bedroom wings each have their own entrance lobby and garden access if required. Each Bedroom wing has;
• Main bedroom with large bic’s and en-suite with a shower, wc and basin.
• 2 bedrooms each with large bic’s share a full bathroom each with bath, wc, shower and basin.
• Store room (one has a Chubb safe) and roof lit entrance lobby. This lobby can provide separate access from the veranda or garden if required.
•Central open plan kitchen, 2 x living areas with built-in dining nooks with guest loo separates the 2 bedroom wings and also has separate entrance from the covered veranda and garden access
• large covered patio with large solid hardwood 12 seater table.
• Covered veranda runs the full length of the east side of the house 15m x 2m with built in hardwood bench seating giving access to the private and shady kitchen courtyard for braai’s and entertainment
• Private kitchen courtyard with concrete table and seating and extensive pot plants
• All plumbing/drainage is concealed in service ducts with slatted hardwood duct-covers
FIRST FLOOR TO THE HOUSE 80,8 m2
Previously there were 3 bedrooms upstairs but this area is now one large self contained area with
• Large bedroom/pyjama lounge with extensive bic’s
• large bathroom with wc, bidet, shower, double basins and a Jacuzzi /bubble bath.
• Separate wc
• Separate store
• Large balcony/deck 21,6 m2
• En suite granny flat/domestic/manager/guides room with bath overhead shower, wc and basin
• Laundry/kitchenette with washing machines, tumble drier and chest freezer.
• Store/workshop with workbench and shelving for spares and oddments for the house.
• Covered wash area with large tub for fish-cleaning
LARGE DOUBLE GARAGE 62 m2
with ample double parking, workspace and separate large store/rod room. The store/rod room is 8m x 1,1m with rod racks and heavy duty shelving.
STUDIO 33,8 m3
was garage for ski-boat/trailer with extra high ceilings. Could be converted back to a garage or used as an office/reception/library or made into a separate self contained flat or management/owner’s suite
• Fully walled and private property with extensive landscaping to garden and pavements
• Electronic main gate and double garage doors. Extensive paved driveway and guest parking x 2 min
• Security system, armed response, burglar bars to all windows and Trellidoors to external doors
• Additional security back-up from separate town security contractor paid separate from rates.
• 5 x pole mounted security lights around perimeter
• Swimming Pool (needs full upgrade for about R35,000)
• Borehole with pump piped to house tanks
• 5,000 liter water storage tanks pumped to house on pressure switch on main supply
• 6,600 liters of rainwater harvesting tanks
• Solar lights x 6 (will need servicing and batteries)
• SolaHart 300 liter solar water heater as back up to 2 x geysers in house
• 15Kva Petrol switch start generator (needs to be rehoused and serviced)
• Air-conditioning to main suite, living/dining room, studio and 2 bedrooms
• Table fans to other bedrooms
• 100m from coastal/dune forest
OPTIONS FOR USE OF PROPERTY.
• Large family home OR Holiday home
• Syndicated ownership
• Develop as a Bed and Breakfast
• Develop as a Guest lodge
• Develop as a Boutique Hotel
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS ON THE DOORSTEP
• Beaches (no shark nets)
• Surf and fresh water fishing.
• Spear Fishing
• Deep Sea Fishing (Use your own Ski Boat or commercial charters)
• Bird Watching (530 out of 968 species in southern Africa)
• Estuary Boat Cruises to see hippo, crocodile, sharks, wild life, and estuary/marine birds.
• Game drives to Umfolozi Game Reserve 70km away or iSimangaliso 3km away.
• Guided walks for both big game and small creatures
• Horse riding
• Turtle Tours (October – March)
• Whale Watching (June – September)
• The most bio-diversity on the African Continent (5 adjacent eco-systems within an 50km radius).